Shani Morris Afrikaans Tutor and Author
I absolutely love teaching younger learners! My youngest student are currently 10 years old and I have noticed something remarkable: they grasp Afrikaans word order much faster than older students. This is exactly why I encourage parents to start lessons early.
Some parents hesitate about online lessons for younger children, preferring in-person tutoring. But you might be surprised to learn that younger kids actually thrive in the online environment! They're less shy, naturally comfortable with technology, and they develop valuable digital skills for their academic future.
The benefits of online learning extend beyond the classroom:
- Parents save time without having to drive to appointments
- Families feel more comfortable not having strangers in their homes
- It's safer for both students and tutors
- Lower costs mean no petrol expenses to pass on
For older students playing catch-up, consistency is absolutely key. You won't see a 20% improvement from last-minute tutoring alone, but with dedicated, ongoing lessons, transformation is possible.
I've also had parents bring their Grade 12 learners to me who struggle with the basics and can barely speak a word of Afrikaans. While I can certainly provide notes and exam tips that offer some help. Real progress requires consistent, regular lessons. Not just cramming in lessons before exams.
Are you ready to give your child the gift of language confidence? Let's start their Afrikaans journey at the right time, early and consistently.
Shani Morris
Afrikaans Tutor and Children's Author
South Africa
Cape-Town
Afrikaans FAL Tutor
