More about Shani Morris Afrikaans Tutor and Author!

More about me

Image of boy and girl celebrating their afrikaans marks with the wording Shani Morris tutored more than 100 children online

Comprehension is my thing, and when it comes to summaries, I’ve got the secret to top marks! I believe learning should be fun, interactive, and inspiring, whether it’s diving into the magic of language or building confidence through communication.

I’ve taught over 100 school-aged students online, always in one-on-one lessons (never more than two students at a time) so that I can give each learner my full attention and help them reach their goals with confidence and understanding.

Tutoring Experience:

My Afrikaans teaching journey began over a decade ago at the aftercare business I owned. What started as simple homework help quickly grew into a passion as I saw how dramatically my students’ Afrikaans marks improved.

In 2020, I moved my lessons online and I’ve loved it ever since! Now, I teach from wherever I am in the world, combining my love of teaching and travel. From lively city cafes to quiet seaside towns, I connect with students across the globe, helping them gain confidence and skill in Afrikaans.

I absolutely love working with kids and young people. There’s something magical about seeing a student finally “get it” that spark of pride and understanding. Teaching isn’t just what I do, it’s what I truly love to do.

I am also currently writing Afrikaans language guidebooks - designed especially for English-speaking students, to make learning Afrikaans simple, engaging, and rewarding.

Tutoring Approach:

All my lessons take place online via Google Meet , no traffic, no stress, and learning from the comfort of home!

My approach is friendly, patient, and results-driven. I tailor each session to the student’s goals, whether it’s improving grammar, reading, writing, comprehension, or oral skills.

I aim to create a learning space where every child feels capable, supported, and inspired. With flexible scheduling, affordable rates, and a genuine passion for helping learners thrive, my mission is to make Afrikaans fun, meaningful, and empowering for every student.


https://wa.me/27632274679