New Book Series Sandy and Wizard - Wolf Author Shani Morris Books available on Amazon Kindle

Hi 

I am Shani Morris, I am a children's author known for my Sandy and Wizard Wolf Series, a Afrikaans Tutor and a painter (known as Shani Cronjé) who loves turning language learning into an adventure.

I write bilingual Afrikaans/English stories and study guides that help kids (and teens) fall in love with reading while secretly boosting their marks.

When I am not writing about magical journeys through 1950's Europe, I am tutoring Afrikaans, dreaming of piano lessons and a grand piano or experimenting with AI art to bring her characters to life.

I drift  between Britain, Europe and occasional visits to South Africa, forever shaped by my childhood there.

Why will young readers love my books?

Readers will love my books because it gently mixes real child feelings with hopeful magic in a world that is not always kind and fair.

Real-world setting like Goathland Station and Whitby, so families can visit or look them up, which makes the adventure feel more believable.

The 1950s-style (steam trains, black-and-white films, letters from Italy) has a nostalgic feel.

Strong, loving mum daughter bond and respectful adults (the church lady, station staff) show kindness and doing the right thing.​

Themes of courage, grief, and friendship are handled softly: Sandy’s dad’s death and her grandad’s letter are touching but hopeful and not overwhelming.

Sandy is lonely, brave and kind, so children can recognise themselves in her feelings. ​The wizard wolf becomes a safe listener and companion, which is comforting for kids who talk to toys or pets when they feel alone.

If you haven’t met Wolf and Sandy yet, grab Book 1 The Wolf at the Train Window for their first story. It’s the perfect setup for their Tuscan journey!


More Video's



North Yorkshire Girl looking at a train window, where she sees a toy wolf


Follow me here: Shani Morris